Visiting Students
Visiting Students

So you're a student at another college/university, and you'd like take classes at Montgomery College to transfer back to your home school?

If so, let us welcome you in advance!  

Montgomery College welcomes a large number of visiting students from other colleges and universities each semester. 

What follows are a series of steps you should follow to enroll and register.

Before you begin: Search the class schedule to find the classes you'd like to take.  


Step 1: Apply for admission

You only need to apply for admission to MC once, so if you have previously applied to or taken classes at MC, you can skip this step.

Congratulations! Make your first move toward achieving your goals at Montgomery College - apply now
Step 2: Obtain "Permission to Enroll" from your college or university

Submit official written permission via form or letter from your home college or university.

Submit official written permission via form or letter from your home college or university to (Allow at least two business days to process.) Please include your Montgomery College Student ID number that begins with M. This permission should include the exact classes for which you plan to register at MC (Example: ENGL 101). If you do not have permission to enroll, you will want to bring your official SAT/ACT score report, or have your log-on information to retrieve this information from the College Board/ACT website when you visit MC to seek permission to register. Note: Most MC courses have required assessment levels or prerequisites. 

Written permission from your home institution will enable Admissions and Records to override prerequisites and make registration possible.

If you prefer, you can fax the permission to the MC campus that you plan to attend:

  • Germantown Admissions and Records FAX: 240-567-7815
  • Rockville Admissions and Records FAX: 240-567-5037
  • Takoma Park/Silver Spring Admissions and Records FAX: 240-567-1497

Below are links to instructions and/or permission forms from institutions that we routinely receive:

University of Maryland System School

Maryland Private Schools

Out of State Schools

Step 3: View the Class Schedule, Register, and Pay

Payment for classes is due at the time of registration.

  • Log on to MyMC to view course offerings, register for classes and pay your balances.
  • Be sure to print your class schedule once you have paid for your classes.
  • Payment for classes is due at the time of registration. For payment deadlines and information, visit Cost and Payment Deadlines.
  • Complete the Advising Questionnaire (online)

Need help adding yourself to a waitlist? Read Waitlist FAQs for more information.

More information on prerequisites and assessments.

If you need help with MyMC, call 240-567-5000, choose option 1 for English, and then option 2 for MyMC.

Step 4: Obtain a Parking Pass

This can only be done through My MC.

  • Once you log-in to MyMC, you can find parking permit information under either; Student Checklists – click on “Get Your Parking Permit” link or, Student Tools - click on the "Parking Permit" link.
  • You will be led through steps to order your parking pass, which will be mailed to your home address.
  • Be sure to have your vehicle registration information handy.
  • Also, be sure to verify your mailing address in MyMC under "My Personal Information" in the "Student Quick Links" section to ensure quickest delivery.
  • It is not necessary to obtain a parking permit in the summer.
Step 5:  Obtain a Student ID 

This may be done the first day of class or as soon as you have made payment arrangements.

Bring your schedule and proof of zero balance from MyMC to the campus you plan to attend. Go to:

  • Germantown Student Life: SA Building, Room 186
  • Rockville Student Life: Mannakee Building (MK), Room 105
  • Takoma Park/Silver Spring Student Life: ST Building, Room 217
Step 6: Buy Your Books


Visit MC Books
Step 7: Request an Official Transcript


When your classes are finished, you will be able to track your final grades through MyMC.
You will need to order an official transcript through MyMC to report your work back to your home college or university.

Visiting Students
or request more information:
Common searches:
Jump to Navigation
Skip section and go back to top ©