Select a term and a subject below then click "Show Classes" to search the live class schedule and see class start and end dates, times, instructors, descriptions, prerequisites, and more.
To register for classes, log in to MyMC. Click on the "Registration" tab then choose the icon that says "Register for Classes." After completing your registration, print your schedule. Online registration is available until the day before the class begins. To register on the same day the class begins, go to an Office of Enrollment Services on any campus prior to the class start time.
Registration is still open for late-starting classes for Fall 2018. Late-starting classes begin between September 4 and October 17, 2018. To find late-starting classes, go to Advanced Search. Select Fall 2018 for the term and click Submit. On the next page, select your course subject(s), and in the Attribute Type field, select Late Starting Classes. Click Class Search to display your search results. You must register before the class starts.
Refining Your Search
You may refine your search by course number, title, campus, instructor, day/time, parts of term, and attribute type (ATPA support, blended, honors, late-starting, weekend, and Z courses). Go to Advanced Search, select a term, and click Submit. Complete the form with your criteria and submit to search the up-to-date class schedule, including number of open seats.
Parts of Term
For the spring and fall semesters, MC offers classes across several parts of term, giving students a larger variety of class scheduling options. You may select a specific part of term in the Advanced Search to find courses offered in that part of term. See Fall 2018 Parts of Term dates (PDF, ) .
You may filter your search by any of the following attribute types in the Advanced Search.
- ATPA Support: Courses with embedded classroom support through Achieving the Promise Academy.
- Blended: Courses that are conducted partially on-campus and partially online.
- Honors Course: Selecting this attribute will display both honors-only courses and traditional courses that have an honors module available. See a complete list of Fall 2018 Honors Course Offerings (PDF, ) . Please note that the PDF list of honors courses is not updated with live schedule information or number of open seats.
- Late Starting Classes: Courses that start after the official start of the semester. You may register for late-starting classes up until the day before the class begins.
- Weekend Classes: Courses that meet only on the weekends.
- Z-Courses: Courses that require no textbook purchases.
To find online classes, go to Advanced Search and select Distance Learning in the Campus field.
Adding Yourself to a Waitlist
Most courses at Montgomery College have a waitlist if the course fills. Add yourself to a waitlist for a closed course. If a space becomes available, you will be notified via your MC email address to register for the course. You have 48 hours (or 24 hours if within one week of the start of classes) to login to your MyMC account and change your registration status from "Waitlist" to "Registered Web" for that course. You will not be charged for the course until you register. Waitlists are purged two days prior to the start of the class. See the Waitlist FAQ for more information.
FALL SEMESTER 2018
- August 27, 2018 – Fall semester classes begin
- October 17, 2018 – Last day to register for late-starting classes
- December 16, 2018 – Official end of fall semester
WINTER SESSION 2019
- September 24, 2018 – Course offerings published online (viewing only)
- October 8, 2018 – Registration opens
- December 17, 2018 – Online-only classes begin
- January 2, 2019 – Campus-based and short session classes begin
SPRING SEMESTER 2019
- October 8, 2018: Course offerings published online (viewing only)
- October 22, 2018: Priority registration opens
- October 29, 2018: General registration opens
- January 22, 2019: Spring semester classes begin
More Registration Dates and Announcements